I’m between projects right now. I just finished the second manuscript in a two book series that, together, I have spent several years on. Keep in mind that the first manuscript was my ‘learning’ piece, and it has been revised so many times I’ve lost count! But the second book didn’t take nearly as long, and thanks to my critique group’s input along the way, didn’t require as much revision.
But for the first time in a long time, I don’t have a work in progress. Typing the words The End was exhilarating…and terrifying. I feel like close friends have moved away. Don’t get me wrong – it’s time, and the characters are off to have a wonderful life. But I’m sort of…unfocused, and a teensy bit nervous. What if I don’t have another story in me?!
So this has turned into a journey of faith for me, one I’m sure I don’t experience in isolation, though it feels that way. I must trust my creative nature to generate an idea for the next book (and I gotta say, I hope it generates really soon!)
What do you do when you’re between projects? What is your process for mining ideas and gathering the raw materials that will become your new story? How do you reinvigorate your creative self, refill your creative well?
- The man who has everything gets more than he bargained for. WINNING WYATT. It's #free #romance Tinyurl.com/jacieWW 1 week ago
- RT @MizGolightly: "Write what disturbs you, what you fear...Be willing to be split open."~Natalie Goldberg #amwriting #writing #writers #wr… 1 week ago
- Champagne, sashimi & blue-blooded Dylan meets Beer, chowder & blue-collar Gracie in DARING DYLAN. #romance #99cents Tinyurl.com/jacieDD 1 week ago
- RT @EllenGable: “Don't have to be #Catholic 2 love this trip down memory lane” @Leslie_Lynch_ of DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME @ErinMCOP https:… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ErinMCOP: youtu.be/gr_WAJKMG_E #srbt #fiction #live #video #justice #domesticviolence @Leslie_Lynch_ @CMAstfalk @CatholicLitGeek @P… 2 weeks ago
Search this site